CARBIOLICE is a meaningful French joint-venture established in 2016, based on the shared and complementary ambitions of CARBIOS, a green chemical company developing enzymatic technologies; of the SPI investment fund operated by Bpifrance; and Limagrain Ingredients, a global seed company.
Its aim is to design, produce and commercialize patented solutions that speed up compostability of biobased products for single-use plastics and packaging articles, to achieve zero waste and provide an answer to sustainable development issues.
At Carbiolice, we promote the composting of plastics as a sustainable, environmental and
human respectful solution.
We act as a commited actor, responsible and challenging to provide an answer to environmental stakes.
Women and men at Carbiolice commit every day to promote and improve plastic circular economy, to offer our clients universal and easily integrable solutions.
We put our innovative and creative energy assisting our strongest convictions to fight against plastic pollution and set up a circular economy.
"For Carbiolice, sustainable development and more particularly the fight against plastic pollution are part of our DNA."Nadia Auclair, President
Women and men are committed every day, through their values and their actions, to promote and improve plastic circular economy.
Our objective is to offer innovative solutions to make this industry healthier and more efficient. It is up to everyone to act, to combine our ideas and methods, to give to our goals the push needed for change.
« At Carbiolice, we innovate by developping raw materials that combine performance and environmental compliance, as an alternative to conventional plastics. »Clémentine Arnault, R&D Manager
- Development of a patented and innovative enzymated additive : Evanesto® accelerating the biodegradation of PLA-based products (PolyLactic Acid), in order to make them home compostable.
- R&D departement : 60 % of budget, 40% of staff.
« At Carbiolice, innovation is also about social issues to ensure every Woman and Man an egalitarian management, everyday. »Armelle Jardin, Human Resources and Administrative Manager
- Development of HR recruitement and management tools only based on competencies in order to objectify our processes and fight stereotypes.
- Garantee to the entire staff an equal access to professional training sessions to remove the bottlenecks of professional advancement.
« At Carbiolice, we limit and manage our wastes and work to minimize our environmental impact in every step of production process. »Sylvain Scharinger, Production Manager
- Wastes sorting and composting of our production rejects.
- Limited water consumption thanks to a closed-loop use on our production lines.
- Optimization of production process
« At Carbiolice we guarantee the safety and well-being of our staff thanks to a collaborative approach. »Adeline Rambaud, Laboratory and QHSHE Manager
- Priority to prevention, information and training.
- Set up of suitable protective equipments.
- Election of a safety committee in order to identify and manage professionnals risks.
« At Carbiolice, we believe that economic growth rhymes with sustainability by providing an answer to environmental issues. »Camille Goumilloux, Financial Officer
- Construction of financing files allowing us to pursue our R&D investments and efforts for biodegradable and compostable solutions.
- Analysis of environmental and economic viability of our solutions to sustain our targeted markets.
« At Carbiolice, we promote composting of plastics as a sustainable solution, a key value driver for cities, communities, individuals ».Sophie Macedo, Business & Partnership Director
- Nearby composting creates and boosts social link
- Industrial composting and methanization create value thanks to by-products such as energy and compost. They contribute to reducing the amount of wastes incinerated.